To obtain a Police Report you may visit the police department Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm.
The cost is $5.00 for each report
*For accident reports, unless you are the driver you will need to complete a Statement of Need for authorization to receive report. You may download the Statement of Need here.
If you would like to purchase your accident report online please visit:
To obtain a copy of your Georgia Criminal History Background Check please bring a valid form of identification (State issued ID or Passport) to the police department Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm.
For residents of Brookhaven the cost is $10.00
If you live outside of Brookhaven the cost is $20.00
You will receive the background check results the same day.
* We are only authorized to run a background check for the State of Georgia. If you need a background check for other states, please click here.
To obtain a copy of your fingerprints, please visit the police department Monday through Friday, 8:30am - 4:30pm.
We fingerprint electronically, via live scan. If you have a set of cards ( From FD-258) please do not fill out the sections, the live scan machine will complete that for you.
* Please bring a valid form of identification (State Issued ID or Passport)
The cost of fingerprinting is $15.00 a set. ( 2 fingerprint cards )
*If you require submission of your fingerprints, please visit the Georgia Applicant Print Services website here.
In-Car Video Request
If you are an attorney and would like to receive a reproduction of an in-car video please download and complete this form.
Police Open Records
You may submit an Open Records Request by the following methods:
- By Fax: (404) 637-0687
- In person at 2665 Buford Hwy N.E. Brookhaven, GA 30324
- Submitted via online form : Police Open Records Request Online Form.
- Requests submitted after 2 p.m. will be received the next business day.
Police Department Fee Schedule
Click here for police department fees for obtaining reports, permits and other items.
Permits are processed on Mondays from 8 a.m. to noon, and Tuesdays & Fridays from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Pouring Permit Application
- Solicitor Permit Application
- Sexually Oriented Business Employee License Application
Directions to Brookhaven Police Department
If you would like directions to the Brookhaven Police Department: